Maintenance / Service Technician
White Castle has an immediate opening for a Maintenance / Service Technician!
• Paid vacation
• Company lease vehicle
• Medical, dental & life insurance
• Company-provided cell phone
• Weekly paychecks
• 401(k) & profit-sharing plans
• Free meals while working
• Promote from within practice
• and much more!
As the Maintenance/Service Technician you will maintain all assigned company-operated facilities to an established company standard to project an excellent brand image to our customers and employees. This scope includes assuring all facilities are kept at their highest appraised value within their assigned properties. You'll be responsible for the hands-on maintenance of company-operated facilities, equipment, and grounds for 6-8 restaurants, office/warehouse, and other related property and equipment as requested by supervisor.
Essential Job Duties
• Day-to-hay hands-on service of assigned buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Provide technical skills to troubleshoot all matters relative to the facility maintenance program.
• Communicate as required to complete electronic work orders, documents and to respond to internal customers, co-workers and supervisors by phone calls, emails, texting or other form of communication.
• Respond to internal and external customer needs to properly maintain equipment and facilities.
• Manage facilities invoices and purchases for proper record keeping.
• Compliance with all OSHA, EPA and company established procedures and EPA record keeping on environmental issues.
• Compliance with the inventory procedures for the Service Department’s parts and supplies.
• Assist Facilities Supervisor/ Service & Facilities Manager in training of Service Department team members.
• Adhere to safety rules and procedures and use proper tools in prescribed manner.
• Travel to and from different locations as assigned.
• 2-year technical degree or equivalent field experience in facility repair and services
• EPA Certification types I & II for HVAC&R, or able to achieve certification in 6 months
Preferred knowledge of any of the following is a plus
• Commercial property - building and site maintenance management
• All building maintenance procedures and accepted practices
• All building equipment - including electrical, plumbing and kitchen equipment
• Facilities management for office/warehouse buildings and restaurants
• Building codes and standards
• OSHA Standards for General Industry for buildings, equipment, and grounds and have passed the OSHA 10-hour class
• Company MDS (Material Data Sheet) procedures
Qualifications & Skills
• Valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and automobile insurance with the required limits of liability.
• Ability to make decisions on repair or replacement based on troubleshooting skills, while still meeting deadlines.
• Capability to deal with after-hours (24/7) calls when there are limited resources to assist in making emergency repairs.
• Good communication skills with both White Castle team members and outside providers.
• Must have mechanical abilities and be able to use various hand tools, welding experience would be a plus.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds, work for extended hours of uninterrupted time, and withstand adverse weather and site conditions for any assigned job site inspections.
• Ability to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds regularly.
• Normal 40-hour work week is Monday-Friday, 7am-3:30pm, but hours may vary.
Click "Apply now" today for immediate consideration! Please make sure to attach your resume OR complete the short online application to be considered for this position.
If you do not have a resume, that's no problem–please complete the online application.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.